Burt Township

Waste & Recycling

Waste & Recycling Information

NOTICE: The gate to the West Side Transfer Station is locked due to vandalism and illegal dumping. Please access the station during business hours until this issue is resolved.

Burt Township provides two transfer stations for township residents paying an annual fee of $60.00.

2024 Transfer Station permits are available and can be purchased by mailing a check to Shirley Reimann at 6681 West Birchwood Road, Cheboygan, MI 49721.

Mid April, Transfer Station permits will be available at either Transfer Station during open hours, just bring cash or check. You can also mail your payment to Christy Kozlowski (clerk) at 2028 Evergreen Ln, Brutus, 49716. Checks should be made payable to Burt Township and the permits are valid from April 1, 2024, through March 31, 2025.

Transfer stations are located on Indian Road and Crump Road. They are open and attended Saturdays 9-5 and Mondays 9 am-1:00 pm.  The recycling bins accept paper, cardboard, corrugated, and disposable containers ( Metal and plastic) which reduces the cost of this operation.

We have hired a new West Side Transfer Station Worker

Please welcome Jim Michaud! 

Big Dump Day - Saturday, June 15, 2024
8am - 3pm

Taking place at the East Side Transfer Station on Crump Road.

An annual “Big Dump Day”, co-sponsored by Burt Lake Preservation Association, is scheduled the third Saturday of June. “If you can bring it we’ll take it” with a just a few exceptions. If you need further information, contact Harold Koviak – 231-238-9962. If you have “junk” cars, we can help you with disposal – and you may be able to get cash, too! Contact Harold for information.

For Burt Township Residents Only – dump card required or proof of residency


Co-Sponsor is BLPA


You can bring metal, tires, paint cans (dry only) and just about anything else that is household.


  • Pestisides
  • Yard waste or brush
  • Demolition or building materials
  • Cars or snowmobiles
  • Hazardous materials

No early pick-ups this year. Burt Township and PAC reserve the right to deny anything that can’t be disposed of properly.

Kling’s of Cheboygan will take unlicensed junk cars – they will come and get them and may even pay you. Call Kling’s of Cheboygan at 627-7953.